Monday 3 May 2010

May Bank Holiday in The New Forest Part 3



Okay, so today I got up and put on everything I wore yesterday, with the addition of a t-shirt and tights underneath, and wore my long duvet coat instead of short jacket, also took a scarf.  The sun was shining but I was determined not to be caught out by the weather again, and didn't want to spend another day feeling constantly cold.

We went to Breamore House to check out the bluebells as recommended, first having a look around the beautiful church of St. Mary nearby.  I loved it, both inside and out, there was a lovely atmosphere and it was a very comforting place to be.  Took lots of photos and spent a happy hour or so pottering about.

Naturally, since I had worn enough clothes to befit a Polar explorer, the weather warmed up and I was soon gently steaming - before Mark and I went into the woods to look for the bluebells I was obliged to go back to the car to remove a few layers and ditch the duvet coat (is there a smiley for rolling eyes?  If so, I insert one here).  During this walk we were subjected to a wide range of weather conditions, including hail, rain, sun, wind, blue sky, grey sky, lots of clouds, barely any clouds, all in the space of an hour or so.  Was constantly taking off my jacket, undoing my hoodie, zipping up my hoodie, putting on my jacket, hoods up, hoods down, hot, cold, wet, dry - it could only be British Weather!

For more on Breamore: http://bit.ly/93dIPU






The Church Of St. Mary, Breamore







I have a bit of a "thing" for war memorials...


















The Flight from Egypt



Looking directly up at the bell tower



















Looking up at the chandelier












A beautiful and moving headstone


















Doorway to a mausoleum in the graveyard






Inside the mausoleum, taken by sticking camera through
a hole in the doorway at ground level, so couldn't see a thing.
There is a coffin in the darkness on the left.


































Lovely church, I REALLY liked it here :)








Breamore House



















Yet more bluebells - sorry, too pretty to ignore














Oilseed Rape with pinhole camera ...



.... and without




Mark at The Miz Maze






No wellies today!











Spring Green








Woodland walks around Breamore






Very late lunch in the Alice Lisle pub.
We were both Hank Marvin.


Linda's old camera, now being used by Mark



Vintage Camera Heaven!




Mark's Lubi






The remains of the best sausage and mash I have ever had in a pub,
with locally produced bangers, buttery mash and a mustard sauce - 
too hungry to photograph it when it was complete!


Replete and happy




Last stop of the day






















Long shadows












Mark and me






Adorable baby donkey with parents,
all of whom let me stroke them






Last horse of the holiday



Mark's car bonnet.
This leaf stayed adhered all the way back to London!

An empty egg in the front garden.
I hope the occupant hatched safely and flew away ....





Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. Sigh (cute animal overload), love the church and the bluebells, happy holiday weekends all. I do draw comfort from your suitable clothing kerfuffles because I'm like that too, always shedding / adding layers like an indecisive snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Indecisive snake" - I love it! My Chinese zodiac sign is actually a snake, so this strikes me as very appropriate for something that I do all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are annoyingly good at taking foto-graphz

    super set of shots with your little point n click.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mark: thank you sweetheart, that means so much :)

    ReplyDelete