Sunday 13 March 2011

Manor House B

Mark and I have had a weekend of UrbEx, starting with Norfolk on Saturday, to visit a beautiful but VERY lethal manor house, that was literally falling apart around us.  Collapsed ceilings, fallen stairs, spongy floors and gaping voids were everywhere, making it essential to take extreme care and watch where one was putting one's feet.

All the following photographs taken with Lumix LX3 on pinhole camera setting.



Some of the very old documents lying around on the table



















Organ details - it was a beautiful instrument

















Looking up through the kitchen ceiling!













This is how dilapidated much of the house has become























The amazing old hand pump in the scullery

They thought this would keep us out ............... wrong!



All that remained of the second set of stairs

Ground floor looking up







The main staircase















One of the very dilapidated upstairs floors

Mark at work

Going down?

This upstairs corridor was lethal - there was a
strong possibility of ending up downstairs
without having to use the ladder to get there













Looking down

















































Mark photographing the organ

More organ details - it was too good to resist


















5 comments:

  1. I really don't know why, but I found myself in a highly emotional state looking at these images Viveca. I really appreciate how you and Mark took such great care to ensure that we'd all have photos of this place and such wonderful ones at that. You both were in extreme danger during this shoot, this is obvious. My heart is broken for this home, especially with all the artifacts left behind... I can almost hear the whisper of voices from days gone by in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning V - love the Aga especially, and the attic with the lumpy bed is very poignant. Good to see you back here as well. C x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for looking and commenting, apologies for my late response, have only just seen your remarks awaiting moderation (I don't use this blog as much as I used to) - will have to see if I can set it up to email me when comments await my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the photos fascinating! The time that is reflected on every thing, and the so much history behind it... Great post!

    ReplyDelete